Over the last few years I’ve had a number of people approach me to help them build things with Node-RED, each time it’s not generally been possible to get as involved as I would have liked due to my day job.
Interest started to heat up a bit after I posted my series of posts about building Multi Tenant Node-RED systems and some of them sounded really interesting. So I have decided to start doing some contract work on a couple of them.
The best way for me to do this is to set up a company and for me to work for that company. Hence the creation of Hardill Technologies Ltd.
At the moment it’s just me, but we will have to see how things go. I think there is room for a lot of growth in people embedding the Node-RED engine into solutions as a way for users to customise event driven systems.
As well as building Multi-Tenant Node-RED environments I’ve also built a number of custom Node-RED nodes and Authentication/Storage plugins, some examples include:
- node-red-contrib-googlehome Use Google Assistant to control Node-RED connected devices.
- node-red-contrib-alexa-home-skill Use Amazon Alexa to control Node-RED connected devices
- node-red-contrib-tinkerforge Access the Tinkerforge set of sensors
- node-red-node-ldap Make LDAP queries from Node-RED
- node-red-node-geofence filter/tag messages based on geographic data
- node-red-contrib-ldap-auth Control access to the Node-RED editor via users stored in an LDAP
- node-red-contrib-storage-mongodb Store Flows in a MongoDB rather than as a file on disc
If you are interested in building a multi-user/multi-tenant Node-RED solution, embedding Node-RED into an existing application, need some custom nodes creating or just want to talk about Node-RED you can check out my CV here and please feel free to drop me a line on email@example.com.
Where possible (and in line with the wishes of clients) I hope to make the work Open Source and to blog about it here so keep an eye out for what I’m working on.